Call us for a free Assessment Number: +1-905-799-0025

Temporary Residence

Temporary residence applications include applications to visit, study, work or stay in Canada, temporarily either for less than six months or more. These applications may help you build a pathway towards obtaining permanent residence


If you are planning to visit Canada for six months or less for tourism, to meet your family or for any other reason, you may need a temporary resident visa to enter Canada. If you are a visitor in Canada, you may even study in Canada in a program of less than 6months dutration.

If you are visiting for children or grandchildren, who are Citizens or Permanent Residents of Canada, you may be eligible to live with them for a period of two years as a visitor in Canada with a 10 year visa. You will also be required to have visitor insurance for a minimum of 1 year.


Canadians have a high regard for continued higher learning, and have developed a first-rate education system with first-rate standards. Foreign students bring a rich culture to Canadian classrooms and play a vital role in Canada’s future economy and work force. Study options include:

Study Permit

Study Permit Extensions

Work while you Study

Post-Graduation Work Permit

Bringing Family to Canada while studying

Spouse/Common-law partner Open Work Permit

From choosing the right school and program, to applying for a Study Permit and Visa can be a nervous process for someone not yet familiar with the Canadian system. We can assist you in your enrollment to a designated Canadian educational institution that will best suit your future plans to immigrate to Canada.

Discussing your education plan is the first step towards securing a study permit that fits with your overall plan to study, work or immigrate to Canada permanently.


Work Permit

Open Work Permit

An Open Work Permit allows a foreign national to work in any job, without restriction. An LMIA or confirmed offer of employment is not needed to apply for an Open Work Permit.​Here are some situations where an Open Work Permit may be issued:

  • Foreign spouses/common-law partners of temporary foreign workers, foreign students;
  • Spouses/common-law partners being sponsored through the Inland Spousal/Common-law Sponsorship category are eligible to apply for an Open Work Permit
  • Applicants whose refugee claim has been accepted.
  • Graduating international students are also eligible to apply for an Open Work Permit under the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program.
  • International Experience Canada (IEC) Candidates under the Working Holiday category as also eligible for an Open Work Permit.
  • Caregivers who have completed their work permit program and have filed for permanent residency may be eligible for an Open Work Permit.
  • Bridging Open Work Permits for economic or skilled immigrants who are waiting for the completion of processing of their permanent residence application or provincial nominee program application.

Closed Work Permit (Temporary Foreign Worker Program)

A foreign national may be allowed to work in Canada with a closed work permit, which means that the foreign national may work only work for the employer mentioned on his work permit and only in the job mentioned thereon. This stream is regulated under the Temporary Foreign Worker Program. This program can further be classified as the Work Permit that needs to be supported by an LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment); and LMIA Exempt Work Permits.

Our team of lawyers aids the employers in obtaining an LMIA and hiring a foreign worker.
Also, based on the education and previous work experience, we can help foreign workers in getting arranged employment to assist them in their Work Permit and Permanent Residence applications. There are various categories of jobs in which the foreign workers can apply for a work permit. They may apply for permanent residence in Canada as well with the help of an arranged employment if they qualify. This is a vast program and an assessment of your profile will definitely help us propose the right pathway for you.

Work Without Work Permit

In very special cases, there are certain occupations that permit workers to come to Canada without requiring an LMIA or a Work Permit.

Some occupations in this category are:

  • Business visitor
  • Clergy
  • Convention organizers
  • Foreign representatives and Family members of foreign representatives
  • Health care students
  • Implied status
  • News reporters, media crews
  • On-campus employment and some Off-campus work
  • Performing artists
  • Public speakers

Temporary Resident Permit

Applicants who are otherwise inadmissible to Canada may be eligible for a Temporary Resident Permit, if they have a substantially valid reason to travel to Canada (Not to be confused with temporary resident visa-TRV-Visitor Visa). It allows an otherwise inadmissible applicant, a temporary entry to Canada for a limited period of time only. The length of the permit is totally discretion of the officer. TRP allows an individual to overcome his inadmissibility for a restricted period of time. Depending on the length of the TRP granted, a TRP holder may also apply for a Study permit or Work Permit. Contact us for more details.


10 Cottrelle Blvd, Suite 203 Brampton, ON L6S 0E2

Call us

Tel: +1-905-799-0025
Toll Free Canada/US: 1-833-799-0025

Fax: +1-905-799-9904
India Number: +91 97807 75355

Mail us